Thursday, February 18, 2010

Texture Fluff



Seeing as I've slipped from keeping this up to date with what I'm doing, I thought I'd post something I've been trying out which I think has been successful...
I've been playing around with textures in my character concepts, not only as a method of enhancing the aesthetic of the design, but also as a tool to speed up the design process. I have tried it out on a couple of quick concepts for a sea creature, in order to quickly get a transluscent and mottled effect on the skin without spending ages trying to achieve this with layer upon layer of low-opacity paint. Considering these are just some quick rough concepts, I think it really helped to add some depth quickly and easily, and gave me more of an idea of what direction the look of this character should be heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment